This is one of my favorite times of the year. Practice for spring sports begin today.
Jessie is playing Varsity tennis, she's in 10th grade. She is going to play partners with her best friend, Tia. Tia is my "semi-adopted daughter" - she is welcome anytime, can stay as long as she wants, but her Mom insists she comes back home. Imagine that! It also works the other way too. If they aren't at my house, they're at Tia's house. Luckily, they only live four blocks apart.
Dusty is playing Varsity baseball, he's 8th grade. Their school is a middle/high school, grades 6-12. They have a special test that younger kids have to pass to be able to play up and tryout for the team. Dusty played year-round baseball until we moved here two years ago. He has had much more training than the other kids here (being six foot tall doesn't hurt either).
Beginning April 1st, I will be at a tennis match or a baseball game each weekday afternoon until the first week in June. It's a good thing that my schedule is very flexible. I have so much fun watching them play.
Easter Sunday
8 years ago


Tell Jessi and Dusty to enjoy this time while they can. I don't have the opportunity to play softball anymore, but I do try to volunteer to coach kids each summer to scratch my softball itch. I didn't know your kids were that involved in sports. Come to think of it, Dusty does look like a baseball player! If ya'll lived closer, I would try to come to some of their matches and games. Take pictures and blog about them!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a busy time for everyone! Take pictures and post on your blog!
ReplyDeleteI usually take pictures at each match or game. I will be posting lots of pictures of them soon.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see pics! I played softball from the time I was in 3rd grade right thru high school and then on summer leagues ever since. Those were the days...I hope to get back into co-ed softball after the baby is born in July...will hopefully play on the fall league since I will have to skip out on the spring league.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you'll be pretty busy....but having fun at the same time!
ReplyDeleteI also love spring. The think I love the most is the time change.
ReplyDelete